Communications & Marketing
1832 manages I Support The Girls (ISTG) communications and marketing apparatus and is very involved in the organization’s overall fundraising efforts. This includes:
- Communications: Media outreach, organizing press kit for media members, prepping staff prior to interviews, preparing press releases, work with affiliates to get message out
- Fundraising: Grant writing, managing 2018 online and direct mail end of year fundraiser- donation target was surpassed, member of ISTG’s corporate partnership team
- Copywriting: Preparing speeches, pitch decks, presentations, executive summary, handbooks for new affiliates and drives
- Graphics: Manage graphic designer work on infographics, guides, templates and other collateral
- Website: Management of website redesign and development, writing content, implementing new features
- Staff management: Involved in vetting and hiring of staff, manage interns and volunteers, manage research projects
- Internal Comms: Conducted full competitive analysis, improved internal comms among remote executive level staff, organization of files to allow easy access for staff
CLIENT: I Support The Girls
MISSION: I Support The Girls is a global nonprofit which collects and distributes bras and feminine hygiene products for girls and women experiencing homelessness.
LOCATION: Headquarters in Maryland, with 43 U.S. affiliates and global affiliates in Australia, Canada, Pakistan, Philippines and Thailand.
WORK WITH: Entire staff but majority of work is with Dana Marlowe, Founder and Executive Director of I Support The Girls.
The client said about working with us:
The idea of reaching out for communications assistance was, initially, a daunting task. As a fledgling non-profit who hit the ground running with a popular concept, I was aware my communications foundation had to be strong. At I Support the Girls, we knew we had a great concept. Yet, we did not have the staff or capabilities internally to convey our message of advocacy to assist with fundraising, grants, and sponsors. Ephraim and his staff helped us evolve our message into a cogent ask that had emotional appeal but also roots to establish real advocacy. 1832 Communications provides a blend of professionalism and empathy with their writing that has enabled us to deliver our message to a larger audience by making our voice malleable. Because of the social justice and human rights work we do, I was concerned that our mission could alienate some donors. However, Ephraim’s company has given us positive attention through branding that has driven up our donations and awareness in the public sphere. The consistent quality of their written work, especially with grant writing and copywriting, is fresh and engaging. Nothing they do is boilerplate. We value the personal attention they have given to the success of I Support the Girls. Truly, 1832 Communications made us feel validated, and their expertise with branding in the non-profit sector is unparalleled.Dana Marlowe, Founder and Executive Director